Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Bear

I decided to start a tradition for Cooper and I. Each time we become an Aunt and Uncle, the little one's birthday present will be a stuffed animal from us. Even though my husband didn't cut the fabric, sew and stuff the bear, he had just as much of hand in it with his ideas and amazing sounding board when I wanted to scream. This is my first bear and lets just say I learned a lot along the way! First off there is such a thing as embroidery thread and I can see why the patterned called for it! I started with a thin thread for the eyes. After spending 2 hours on the eyes (one hour per eye) I was about the throw the thing across the room! I then re-read the directions and began to wonder what this embroidery thread was that they talked about. After I found out and used the new tread, I can only laugh at my stupidity! Not to say the free hand stitching the eyes, nose and mouth there easy, but less time consuming that's for sure! I learned to read and understand the directions and pattern better after 'messing' up yet again. I forgot to leave an opening in the back just as the directions called for, so I was left to leave it on the side of the bear under the arm. Well I can see why they wanted it on the back, the fabric stretched too much under the arm and I was afraid it would tear. That is where Cooper came up with the great idea of the 'patch'. I then stitched by hand a little tag with the baby's name (Tristan), his birth date and 'Love, Aunt Lindz & Uncle Coop'. Turned out great! The bear is now sitting in Tristan's crib in AZ. It is a little bigger than him though so he will have to grow into the bear!







-LindzRay

1 comment:

  1. Tristan loves his super cute bear!! And his Aunt and Uncle! He'll be as big as the bear in no time!

    ReplyDelete