Monday, November 29, 2010

'Knock off wood'

If you know me you know I am all about ways to save money. I thrive on when I can find a similar look for less, or make something for cheaper. One of my latest crafts was inspired from a visit to VonMaur. I thought these tulip wood 'pictures' would look great in the vision I have for my new sewing room. Only down fall is they were on sale for $48 a piece! I thought 3 of them would look great, but I was not about to buy them.


This is where my craftiness and savings came in. The break out of mine are below:

Wood: FREE - Found 3 boards and 3 blocks of wood in our garage
Paper for Tulip: FREE - I used to be obsessed with scrapbooking, I still had a good stash
Twine: FREE - I used twine that came around a rug we got from World Market.
Paint: $6 - $2 per small sample container from Lowe's sale section.








So as you can see mine are not exactly the same, I guess I didn't get the shape of the flower the same, and completely forgot about the tan rectangle, but I guess that is what makes mine unique. Total dollars saved $138! Now if I would just hang them on the wall!
-LindzRay

No comments:

Post a Comment